We are so excited to have you as part of the Dorm Suite Dorm family! At Dorm Suite Dorm, we want to help you create and design the BEST dorm room possible. Enjoy our college tips on life and decor here in our blog. Caio.


Monday, August 24, 2009

The Girl Next Door

Today was my last, first day of undergraduate classes. Talk about nostalgia. I never ever in my wildest dreams realized how different being a freshman in college is from being a senior in college. The day took on very typical Joie events...I will explain: First, I actually left my house with PLENTY of time (I am usually late). Well, today was no different, even though I left in time. I got to campus and could find no parking spots within a close distance from the Brock School of Business. I ended up parking at the bottom of the BIG hill with only 5 minutes to speed walk up to class. Needless to say, I didn't make it. I was late (by like 3 minutes) to my VALUES class. Oh the irony. My professor is awesome though, so no big. Then I totally got lost in the art building looking for my art apprec classroom. Yeah, have never been in there so definitely went everywhere BUT the right place. Made a friend in the process and didn't find the correct room until I swallowed my senior pride and asked for directions from a professor. haha. Oh the shame. At least my life stays interesting, to say the least. And I meet nice people in the process.

I also researched classes at gyms today within the Birmingham area. Turns out, it is way better to stick to the "free" school gym. My girlfriends and I really wanted to take a spin class and maybe some pilates or yoga or kickboxing. All of which Samford's gym does not offer. We took a few jazzercise classes at Samford last semester but haven't heard anything about it continuing this year. Classes are so so fun. A great way to work out with your friends. I would highly recommend if you, unlike me, can afford them, to participate in the phenomenon. We found membership ONLY at the Y ($50 registration fee and $41 a month fyi) and then an opportunity to pay per class at Golds Gym ($15 per class fyi). So anyways, that got turned down quick, fast and in a hurry.

We start rush practice tomorrow night. HELP! The insane, chaotic, craziness is about to begin on Samford's campus. For those of you that have completed rush for the year, I would love to hear how it went (maybe that will motivate me for the 3 weeks of practices and 1 week of parties I have coming up). PLease share! Rushees, don't panic. Go shopping and get excited. It's not called rush for no reason :)

J

No comments:

Post a Comment