We are so excited to have you as part of the Dorm Suite Dorm family! At Dorm Suite Dorm, we want to help you create and design the BEST dorm room possible. Enjoy our college tips on life and decor here in our blog. Caio.


Saturday, October 10, 2009

I love LSU...GEAUX TIGERS!

Alright. I don't know if you are a football fan, but basically, if you didn't watch the LSU v FLA game tonight, you must live under a rock. FYI, about 34% of Americans claim football as their favorite sport (http://pewresearch.org/pubs/315/americans-to-rest-of-world-soccer-not-really-our-thing). Anyways, I refuse to be a fair-weather fan so, even though the Gators beat my Tigers 13-3, I still love the LSU Tigers. LSU started the game really strong, pumped and positive; however, did not end quite as passionate. They put up a great fight but the game is not over. We still have Alabama to beat on Saturday November 7. I am hoping we can redeem ourselves then!

Football is one of the biggest parts of college. When I began going to Samford University and football was NOT big and there was no 12-hour tailgating, and nobody had an intense PASSION and love for SU Football, I began to wonder if I was missing out on the "typical" college experience. All my friends from high school went to LSU, UGA, USM: mostly big, state schools (where the football rocks)! Me and a few of my really close friends however, decided to attend smaller schools (5,000-10,000 students). And though the football isn't the same, we can support state school football just as much as if we attended the state school and can experience football as often and as much as we want! So basically, 3 1/2 years later, I can say that I get the valuable small classroom sizes, the close relationships with professors and the small school benefits while still supporting and enjoying the large, state school football games! Don't be discouraged if you feel like you are missing out college, you are not! You can experience both! Live it up!

GEAUX TIGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment