We are so excited to have you as part of the Dorm Suite Dorm family! At Dorm Suite Dorm, we want to help you create and design the BEST dorm room possible. Enjoy our college tips on life and decor here in our blog. Caio.


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Working your options

Never for one second think that many of the professors, staff, faculty or professional people you are encountering in your college career will not be able to help you find a job when you are nearing graduation. I forgot who gave me this brilliant piece of advice, but I want to pass it along: "Always, always be networking." Fortunately, I listened to this advice since I was a freshman in college and it has already helped me get my foot in a few doors. Two important, intelligent and powerful people that I greatly respect and admire in this community have dropped my name to the same company (go figure). Wow. No one would ever think that your actions years ago would or could affect how someone views you, your work ethic, your character, your skill set and your intelligence for a future job or career. REMEMBER THIS THOUGH. Always be networking. You never ever know who someone may know and how they can help you one day. You don't want to screw that up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment