We are so excited to have you as part of the Dorm Suite Dorm family! At Dorm Suite Dorm, we want to help you create and design the BEST dorm room possible. Enjoy our college tips on life and decor here in our blog. Caio.


Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dorm Style Tips


There are some decorations, no matter where you go to college, that can always enhance the dingy dorm room. Buying a big, soft and colorful rug adds something soft for your feet to walk on and covers the boring, ugly and cold floors. Lighting is never ideal; so, investing in a cute, bright lamp can really help liven up the room, literally and figuratively :) Most dorm rooms are only furnished with a desk, bed and dresser drawers. Finding a tall and thin nightstand or shelf can add more top space for pictures, clock/iHome, jewelry box, etc. I am thinking of a specific one found at Target last August. It was white and so cute! Some rooms are just big enough to add a chair. This is great to have for visitors if you have the luxury of this extra space. Framed pictures, posters, whatever your preference, make sure to add something to the walls! A luxury I never got to have because Dorm Suite Dorm products were unavailable to me when I entered college is the desk chair cover. If I could go back and add one thing to my decorations, it would be this. The desk chairs are hideous and Sheri, Dorm Suite Dorm designer and owner, makes them look PRECIOUS while matching the rest of your room, and with a monogramming option. (See above picture)



I would also highly suggest investing in a feather mattress pad. This was the best $50 I spent the summer before leaving for college. It has lasted me years and has made my very hard and uncomfortable dorm mattresses SO COMFORTABLE! Make sure to buy a mattress cover as well. Most college beds are twin XL. I would get 2-3 sets of sheets and tons of pillows to decorate with and to put against the ugly, hard wall. And, don't forget a good blanket and duvet/comforter/coverlet.

There is so much to remember to bring to college. I hope this helps a little bit. (This is just some of it....there is so much more you need to bring too. I will do a blog, closer to August, of a "To Bring to College Checklist."

caio

J

No comments:

Post a Comment