We are so excited to have you as part of the Dorm Suite Dorm family! At Dorm Suite Dorm, we want to help you create and design the BEST dorm room possible. Enjoy our college tips on life and decor here in our blog. Caio.


Thursday, June 4, 2009

Freshman Orientation Season

Ladies-

I am back from a long, but very fun, trip to Europe and realized that Orientation Season has officially begun since it is now June. Just 3 years ago, I remember traveling 5 hours from my home in New Orleans, LA to Birmingham, AL to go to my freshman orientation. I was so pumped and so scared at the same time.

I remember hating the dorm rooms. They were so ugly. I got so many ideas on how to decorate on this weekend because I knew exactly how I did NOT want my dorm room to look. I wish Dorm Suite Dorm had been around at that time!!

With heinsight bias and 3 years of undergraduate college under my belt, I would advise:

-Meet as MANY people as you can at orientation! Get phone #'s. Hook up on Facebook. Start getting to know people here so that when you return to school in the Fall you have some friends.
-LISTEN. All the orientation leaders really do know what they are talking about and want what is best for you. Their advice for your respective school is so valuable and should be listened to.
-Don't skip out because it sounds dumb. There are so many crazy, juvenile ice breaker games during freshman orientations, and though they sound so dumb, they are so fun and can help you meet a ton of people.
-Make sure you bring sheets (XL Twin), pillow, towel, bathroom caddy, shampoo, soap, slippers, blanket, pad, and pen.
-Be open and flexible to all the change and new people/environment you have entered into.
-You can't be instant best friends with someone. It takes time to get to know people again and build meaningful relationships. Give yourself time...it WILL happen.
-If you want to Rush, be on your ABSOLUTE BEST BEHAVIOR and clean up Facebook. We stalk yall, for serious. Don't let us think you are sketchy in ANY WAY! And be outgoing and friendly towards girls that are clearly Greek. Yall can approach us but we cannot approach yall!

Hope this helps with Orientation. Have fun. Be safe. Bon Chance!

Til next time,

J

"Director of Hip and Cool"
Dorm Suite Dorm
www.dormsuitedorm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment