We are so excited to have you as part of the Dorm Suite Dorm family! At Dorm Suite Dorm, we want to help you create and design the BEST dorm room possible. Enjoy our college tips on life and decor here in our blog. Caio.


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Parking Tickets Ruin Any Day

Parking tickets really blow. I had a test this morning (which was FINE...that is suppose to be in my dry, sarcastic tone) and after I left the business building, I found a stupid parking ticket on my car. It said that I was parked in an unmarked spot. Ok, ONE, I have parked there for the past 2 weeks and never gotten a ticket. TWO, there were lines on the ground. THREE, there is a cement parking block in the grass behind where I parked. UGH. It makes me so mad.

Luckily, there is an appeal system in place at my university. My appeal (which I did TODAY) will be presented in front of the traffic appeals council (comprised of students) and then they will decide if I have to pay the $50 fine. I hope they are gracious!!! Seriously, I think I have personally paid for one of the campus officer's salary in the last 4 years of parking on campus. ha. Pretty sad how many tickets I have gotten.

My daddy always taught me that if there is no place to park that you should make your own parking spot. We drive a lot of SUV's in my family. When I came to college 4 years ago, I figured that still applied (I was driving a Jeep Liberty at the time). So, in like 4 weeks I got 2 parking tickets for making my own parking spots. haha. I give daddy credit for those! He still jokes about it til this day!

Does your campus security get on your nerves? Do they give crazy parking tickets? Are they effective in keeping you safe??

No comments:

Post a Comment